Sunday, August 2, 2009

One more day!

It's Sunday night so only one more day until my surgery!

I really really wish I didn't have to work tomorrow, but I do. However, I have the rest of the week off after that. I did agree to work from home Thursday and Friday if I feel up to it. At least just to check in on email.

I'm partially looking forward to this week because I get to stay home! I won't be having a proper vacation for a while, so I'll take what I can get. Everyone at work is taking vacations, and after the last few very hectic weeks at work, I'm happy to have the down time. I know I wont feel the same way post-surgery when I'm in pain and bored though.

As for today, I'm just trying to get stuff done before surgery. It rained today and that seems to have been all the excuse I needed not to do a bunch of stuff!

After surgery I wont be able to lift more than 10 pounds for more than a month as at least one of the incisions will cut through the muscle (to get the lap-band and port in place), so I had wanted to refinish a table but it rained.

Originally I was told that I could call Friday to find out my surgery time, but that was incorrect. I have to call after work Monday night to get the time. So I'll email friends and fam then with details.

I've just been rereading my surgical materials this weekend. On Tuesday I can't have any fluids or solids after midnight. Then I'll begin the thin liquids diet for 10 days. At least two protein shakes a day after the first day or two.

The countdown has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment