Monday, August 24, 2009

25 pounds is a relative thing

I was mentioning to someone my weight loss, and she was really excited about 25lbs (tomorrow i hope) and how much that is.

And if I were smaller, that might be a lot. As in, almost all of it!

Not that I'm not satisfied with my accomplishment. I'm fine with where I am in the process, but it's only about 20% of what i want to lose.

However, I'm getting to the part of the weight loss where you say how much you lost, and people can see that you still have lots more to go, and it becomes obvious just how bad the weight problem was to begin with!

I know this is why some people don't like to say how much they've lost because then people can do the math and know where you started!

uh oh!



1 comment:

  1. I've noticed that too - when I tell people how much I've lost, they look shocked that they're just now realizing, and it's such a high number!

    ReplyDelete