So far I've been very pleased with the staff and the surgeon. And their materials have been quite thorough. However, if you're a patient, please note that their website is not up to date (at least not as of this posting) in regard to what you need for your procedure. I had a few problems with that.
I've been doing this list-thing on my other blog Dabble, and it's remarkably effective, so I thought I'd do that here too.
- Order Juice Plus fruit and vegetable supplements (waiting for 7/17)
- Buy chewable or liquid multivitamins (7/17) (Centrum Adult Chewables) The "Silver" has extra supplements
- Attend support group before surgery (Mtg date 7/15)
- Sign up for a "heal faster" seminar Call (Mon 7/6)
- Send replacement insurance card (Found it! Mon 7/6)
- Call surgical coordinator Tuesday to confirm she has my paperwork
- Follow up with surgical coordinator Friday
- Make an appt with my GP for a B-12 shot (unrelated to surgery)
- Arrange with GP for esophogram
- Get esophogram
- Arrange ride home
- Arrange care post surgery
- Pass along hospital info to family / friends
- Go shopping for pre-surgery 2 week shake diet (70 shakes for 14 days) (7/17)
- Go grocery shopping for post surgery thin-liquid diet (7/17)
- Order low sodium, vegetable broth (7/17)
Also just realizing that I'm going to have to wait until my post-rent-pay day for a few of these things. Some of the expenses related to the surgery have me pinching my pennies. Though I think I have it better than many in regard to insurance coverage.