Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"Did you have the Lap-Band?"

So it happened for the first time today. Someone who I hadn't told about the surgery asked me if I'd had it.

She's a friend in the office, but I didn't trust her not to tell other people, so I didn't share the big news. I just told her I'd be out last week, and I guess that someone else told her that in general, I'd had surgery, just not what type.

So today I wasn't feeling great, and she saw me on my way out and we chatted. I was rubbing my stomach because I had bad heartburn, and she said, "did you have lap-band surgery?"

She commented on my weight loss as well, but I told her that I'd actually had a hiatal hernia repaired and they'd put me on a liquid diet.

I might end up telling her later, I'm not sure, but it didn't take much for her to guess. I wonder who else has guessed but just hasn't said anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment