Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Overcoming Stress

How to Turn Stress into Success -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com
[Had to remove the video, as it kept autoplaying. However, click above to watch it!]

Alex has been completely overwhelmed lately, and this surgery and weight loss experience has been stressful for me as well, so I tuned in when I saw this video that other times I might have dismissed.

I like what the woman in this video is saying about how once you overcome an obstacle, the body reacts to stress differently and what once might have been perceived as stress, instead becomes an achievement and an obstacle you overcame and can be proud of. You're then ready to tackle the next hurdle.

At the end she compares it to exercise as well. Some people might freak out at the thought of say squats (guilty!) and a crazy hard workout; however, once you do it and have accomplished it, you're bolstered and more confident.

Check it out.

Video via the Livestrong website.

1 comment: