Saturday, January 16, 2010

Just bought a car!


I'm super psyched because Alex and I bought a car last night! Given some of the cities I've lived in (Boston, NYC, Istanbul), I've spent more of my adult life without a car than with one.

NYC in particular isn't really all that car friendly, so to have one now, in preparation for our move to Texas, is just such a thrill.

When I did have cars in high school and college, they were older cash cars, so it was a new thing for me to negotiate with a dealer, deal with financing, etc. Since the buying process got dragged out all week and one person we dealt with was rather smarmy, buying the car was really stressing me out this week. But in the end, it was a positive experience. In fact, they messed up the pricing and gave it to us for $1000 less than we had originally negotiated. $3500 off list price! I am OKAY with that!!!

That's me above at the dealership, below is our "new" 2008 Mazda 3. Then Alex in his Facebook post pic saying, "I be ridin', they will be hating."


Finally, the photo our sales person took of us with Alex's iphone (below). It was really dark out and unfortunately she didn't get the car in the photo(!?!); however, it seems as though we have lots of time now to get photos of it. Even went out for a joy ride in it this morning with Alex and the dogs. Drive through coffee and a trip to the Prospect Park. We dropped off lots of textile recycling as we begin packing this weekend. We even found an available parking space right in front of the farmer's market!

Now I have to figure out how many little road trips we can take before we leave in 6 weeks!



4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new addition to your family (ha ha!)
    Vanessa
    Enjoy the car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Vanessa nicked my line! lol. Congrats! I can see you are totally stoked about the Texas move.. it seems like things have taken off in a big way! Whoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you drive it to wonderful places full of good times and great memories! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Cute car. You could take a road trip to E. 95th St. and bring me some nice farmer's market groceries. ; )

    ReplyDelete