Wednesday, January 6, 2010

HUGE news


We're moving to Austin! We have been thinking about relocating for a while, but over the Christmas break we decided on Austin. I can't tell you how excited I am.

The amazing thing is how quickly it's all fallen into place. The financing, getting out of our current lease (no penalties!), AND best of all, my company is going to let me keep my job, and I'll work from Austin. How cool is that!?!?! They couldn't have been better about it.

It's amazing that everything fell into place in the span of about 24 hours.

So now we have to pack and buy a car. Working on that today. It'll be SO much fun picking one out. I've so missed having a car in New York.

We're looking at early March, so lots to do!

The new apartment we want is pretty fab too. More on that later, but I can say the building is just to the left of downtown in the image above, so right on the lake and right downtown. We can walk to the Farmer's Market, the Lake with the dogs, or to any of the great bars or restaurants or coffee shops downtown.

Super excited!


9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, congratulations!!! I don't envy you having to pack and move though. It is wonderful that you will be able to keep your job, it sounds like it was meant to be!! Oh by the way, did you get the clothes that I sent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally got the clothes you sent and LOVE them. I think I put a comment on your blog about them. I hope it went through. Love them. VERY nice! Thank you so much. I was thrilled with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it's a good thing the internets are portable! Or I would miss you - and I was looking forward to a Brooklyn walking buddy when the weather got better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds exciting - I have no idea where Austin is but I am sure it will be great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you !!! Crossing my fingers that we get a chance to leave the city soon as well !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHOA!! Thats brilliant news, Heather. Congrats... isn't it nice when everything just falls into place. I'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love moving to new places! This is really exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry to lose one of our NYC Bandsters, but I am very happy for you! My husband and I have moved a few times, it is so exciting! In fact we were going to move to either Dallas/Ft. Worth or NYC - here we are...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the big move..sad to see an NYC bandster go though :-(

    ReplyDelete