Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Refocusing

So I'm back in New York now and had yesterday to recoup. Today, I'm still a bit lounge-y, unpacking, etc. I have the day off, but I have refocused myself in regard to my weight loss goals.

At first I felt I was doing well in this whole lapband process, then I was okay with my weight loss, but just before I left, I was realizing that all the other people who were banded near the same time as me had lost so much more weight and that kind've shocked me and made me realize I really need to get in this if I'm ever going to lose it all! This is my chance, so I can't squander it.

Considering all the stress and eating the last few weeks, I only gained one pound which i finally made myself add to my tracker. I'm okay with that.

I am going to reconfigure my goals however since I've missed a few. Those dates are all just way off now.

And as I posted before, I need to make my decisions in the moment and stay focused on what I can do right now, since I so often tend to just say, oh I'll do it later, and then I never do. Ie: the gym. It's been a while. I'm definitely going back this week! Hold me to that promise because that's where my challenge will be with all the chaos I'm sure I'll return to at work having been gone for a week and a half.


1 comment:

  1. Excellent - it must be hard coming down after such a fun time but like you said: now is the time to re-focus. And you will!!!

    ReplyDelete