Tuesday, November 3, 2009

NYC Marathon


I've been so busy that I never posted my NYC Marathon pics. Not that *I* ran the marathon, but I did happen upon it Sunday morning when walking the dogs. Turns out the marathon runs down 4th Ave in Brooklyn, just half a block from my apartment.

One of my dogs, JJ, has a thing about people running. It gets him riled up, so imagine the poor guy when all he sees is a sea of people running down the avenue!

Needless to say, I decided it was a bit too stressful for him, so I took him back home and got Alex to come out and watch the race with me.

I've never seen a marathon before but I was overwhelmed and inspired by it! It felt so good to watch it, I can only imagine how it must have felt to be a runner. Everyone cheering you on, lots of high fives and signs. The costumes some of the runners were wearing were pretty great too and all those customized t-shirts.

I really had a buzz after watching that. It also reminded me of why I love living in New York. I go out to walk my dogs and end up wandering into something as great as this.


No comments:

Post a Comment