Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Compliment and Feeling Girly!


So I just got a lovely email from a friend (who doesn't know about the surgery). She says, "I'm happy that you're so upbeat these days. I dunno what it is, but you seem a lot more energetic than you have been for ages!"

And it's true. I totally feel that way. Definitely the wedding but also the weight loss does tons for my energy level. Not sure about the job change. I've yet to decide how I feel about it, but I am out of my comfort zone which tends to be good for me. I had been very complacent about work before.

In general, I feel like being really girly lately, and I've been saying yes more often when people ask me to go do things. I've even been thinking about getting semi-permanent eyelashes put on! Doesn't get much girlier than that. I just loved them so much during the wedding.

And since I have a handful of events coming up, including a wedding next weekend, I've been on the hunt for cute cocktail dresses. I don't often wear dresses, so again, girly girly girly! Yay!

I was able to dig one of my old favorites out of my closet for the wedding (I'll post about that later), but I might want to buy a new one for our New York Wedding Party. Something like this Calvin Klein sheath dress shown above??? (That's a model of course, not me!)

Someone tried to convince me I could wear my wedding dress again for our NYC wedding party, but since it's pretty low key and will be at our house, I'm not so sure. Feels a little too diva for me. Or instead just a little white dress might be perfect. But not so easy to find...


No comments:

Post a Comment