Sunday, May 3, 2009

Wow: Asparagus with lemon, almonds & parm


I was cooking dinner tonight and did a quick check to see how long I should steam the asparagus. In searching, I found this phenomenal recipe on how to get your asparagus just right. Instead of steaming or grilling, this recipe calls for parboiling.

Being somewhat of a novice, I didn't actually know what that was, but it turns out I do it all the time. It means boiling something in water that only covers the vegetable half way. That's how I do my corn too!

As a bonus, the recipe also recommends adding lemon rind and parmesan. The lemon rind was such a great addition. I've never cooked or baked with it before. I had already planned on adding almonds, so I included them as well!

See the complete recipe on Simply Recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment