Sunday, May 3, 2009

No Sugar Banana Bread


I'm not sure what's gotten into me, but I've been baking and cooking up a storm!!

So today I made a revised, diet-version of my mom's banana bread. I substituted the sugar with a sugar-free substitute called Ideal. I also replaced the 2 eggs with 1 egg and 2 egg whites.


In this case, I used chopped hazlenuts as that was surprisingly what was least expensive at the store.

It came out pretty well. Not as phenomenal as mom's original, but still pretty good. To help prevent over-indulging, I sliced and prepackaged each to grab and go for breakfast in the mornings.

Sugar-Free Banana Bread Recipe below:

3/4 c. artificial baking sweetner
1 egg + 2 egg whites
2 c. bisquick or other baking mix
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 mashed bananas
chopped nuts

Cream sugar and eggs. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Add nuts and bananas. Mix. Pour into greased pan and bake @ 375 degrees for 35 min.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment