Monday, April 20, 2009

Healthier "Cranky Food" Options


So far so good. I've only had one minor slip up in the last few days.

I was super cranky much of the weekend for whatever reason, and I did splurge on ice cream Saturday during the worst of it. It was actually frozen yogurt, but still... Definitely a pattern for me to turn to sweeties and comfort food when I'm in a mood.

However, I balanced that slip up with the fact that last night, I was cranky and super starving, but instead of ordering out as I usually would, I zapped some low sodium minestrone soup in the microwave, added a bit of parmesan and fresh spinach, and really enjoyed my very low point dinner.

I just needed something with zero effort and instant gratification. The soup surprisingly did the trick. I just need to remember that next time!

Then I worked on an art project to help focus my energy in a different way. Hopefully, if it turns out as I hope, it'll soon be featured on my blog Dabble.

1 comment:

  1. I love soup. It's amazing how gratifying and filling it can be. It also works for me cuz it takes longer to eat. As for that art project for a diversion, I'm thinking I should create scrapbooks from my travels. . . something to keep me busy and keep me in vacation mood!

    ReplyDelete