Sunday, April 19, 2009

5K Run Across the Brooklyn Bridge


As far as exercise goes, I need as much motivation as I can get, so the idea of building up to and preparing for some sort of race is appealing.

I've done a few 5Ks for charity purposes, but never for exercise. All of those times, I walked the 5K, my only expectation just to finish it. So perhaps I can not only sign up for this one, but keep an eye on the time and set certain goals for myself.

The Weight Watchers website has created the Momentum Walk-It Challenge. They've set up all kinds of resources with a whole section for walking teams, info on area trainers (a lot for New York), and a list of 5Ks and other events to sign up for. Very cool. As an extra perk, you get a couple of freebies for joining. For signing up for a 5K, Weight Watchers gives you a free 6-month subscription to their magazine.

I've decided to sign up for the Sgt. Keith A. Ferguson 5k Run Across the Brooklyn Bridge. The fact that it's on the Brooklyn Bridge is another big perk. What beautiful views!

NOTE: Yeah! Alex has just agreed to sign up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment