Thursday, October 1, 2009

BMI Mini-Victory

I was so excited about fitting into my skinny jeans that I didn't even notice that meeting this particular goal also just put me below 40 BMI.

I started at 45 and that was one of the main deciding factors in having this surgery. According to the chart I looked at, I was in the highest category of obesity shown. See below from Wikipedia.

BMI Ranges
Normal = 18.5-25
Overweight = 25-30
Obese Class 1 = 30-35
Obese Class 2 = 35-40
Obese Class 3 = 40+

So now I'm at 39! Obese Class 2. No longer in the "worst" category.

A little at a time...


5 comments:

  1. Outstanding!!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocking that band! What a nice incentive for you. Oooh I am just two off then getting out of obese 1 and into overweight. Go me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's phenomenal Dash! Major victory. I tried to comment on your blog but couldnt for some reason. Good luck getting your blog problems fixed....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! That's an AWESOME victory! :) Your pics look great too! Congrats on how well you're doing!!

    ReplyDelete