Monday, October 19, 2009

The Birthday Bride

So this past weekend was my both my 35th birthday and my bachelorette party. I had a couple of close friends come to New York to visit for a 4-day weekend. Needless to say, this involved some indulgence, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

I purposely planned my 2nd fill for after given the post-fill liquid diet. More on my fill later.

We started Friday with a visit to the Madison Square Market. Madison Square Park is one of my favorite parks in the city, and I love outdoor markets with handcrafted goods. This market had a bunch of foodie vendors as well. I started writing up what we ate, but I don't want to be a bad influence on those of you out there trying to be good.

Dinner Friday was the big deal though. For my birthday dinner, we ate at Per Se. Definitely one of the best meals I've ever eaten! Again, I won't go into too much detail here (I might on my other blog later however).

Saturday was the bachelorette party. My friends got us a suite at The London Hotel and we invited people over for wine and cheese from Murray's Cheese in the Village. Mmmm... Then off to a burlesque/variety show at Le Scandal!

Sunday was just chilling out with a little more cheese and chocolate!

But the long weekend is officially over, so it's time to make up for my indulgences. My post-fill diet will help I'm sure.


3 comments:

  1. Well congratulations on the double occasion !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy girl - but oh what fun. Sounds like just the kind of time we all love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great time and a double celebration to boot....I am a big foodie so am interested in hearing about the vendors at the markets (on your other blog)

    ReplyDelete