Sunday, September 13, 2009

Thinking big, what do I really want in life

So part of this process of weight loss has been a re-evaluation of life. In general, I'm always the type to be thinking what's next. However, losing weight is motivating (even when stuck), and it really gets my mind in gear in regard to what I want out of life and what changes I'd like to see (beyond weight loss).

I've been rather bored lately, but I don't want to change my job, and we're committed to both staying in NYC for the time being and keeping our apartment (we moved to a place further out in NYC to save money). However, I'm definitely in need of some sort of change. I need a bit more creative inspiration, so I took the plunge and signed up for a Professional Photography program at the New York Institute of Photography. I can go at my own pace, but basically, I believe I've committed to 2 years of classes, but I got a phenomenal price and a monthly payment program.

I can't wait until my first set materials come for lesson 1. (It's distance learning). Coincidentally, I just sold my first photo (the one of the Brooklyn Bridge) from my Etsy shop. Hopefully I'll be expanding my Etsy shop with more creative items soon.

More about NYIP on my blog, Dabble.

No comments:

Post a Comment