Monday, June 22, 2009

Slim-Fast, not so much

So today I tried the Slim-Fast shake. Had to go with the low carb option as the regular one just has waaayyy too much sugar! I'm very glad that I'm testing this all out and getting used to it before I get to the actual 2-week liquid diet before my surgery. This makes me feel like I have a little more control over adjusting myself to eating less food.

Post surgery, I'll have the lap band, but pre-surgery, I'm going to need to make it as easy on myself as possible.

I'm not at all loving the Slim-Fast. This one has too much of an artificial sweetner aftertaste.

I'm surprised at some of the shake options that were on NYU's list. Not only Slim-Fast and Glucerna, but also Carnation Instant Breakfast and a number of others.

I do plan on going to GNC to check out some of their options as well.

Once I know my surgery date for sure, I'll work up a transitional meal plan. Right now, it's a shake for dinner, but eventually they'll replace all my meals and I'll have five a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment