Thursday, February 4, 2010

Today is my 6 month bandiversary

In general, not sure how I feel about that. I do know that despite not having lost as much weight as I could have, I am definitely glad I got the band. It just makes me pay more attention and makes me more accountable.

And with one or two exceptions in regard to experiences, in general I'm not a freak or outcast when it comes to other people who don't know about the band. I'm still pretty normal overall. I'll have to write about this new tummy gurgling thing soon though.

And the good is that my blood pressure is normal now, and I have lost 35 pounds.

However, I'm glad it was covered by insurance. Had I spent all that in cash or even a large deductible, I would be quite upset about my current status.

I'll write more later on this topic...

5 comments:

  1. Heather,
    Congrats on the 35lbs gone, they are gone forever!!!
    I know it is tough when we set expectations for ourselves and then we dont meet them and get upset / frustrated. I am working on that and not trying to compare myself to others. Identifying within ourselves what we could do to make our weight loss go better is a huge step !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you on losing 35 pounds!! Everyone goes at the pace she needs to go at-- be proud of yourself... you deserve the pride and this is a 'marathon' not a 'sprint.'
    Keep on truckin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy B-day! 35 pounds makes a huge difference - even for the lower BP alone it is worth it. Plenty of time to lose the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much! That definitely makes me feel better about where I am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 35 pounds is absolutely something to be very proud of...congratulations. Remember, success is measured in many ways and it is a very personal thing in life. Think of all the ways in which you have changed. I am willing to bet, you are not doing things and thinking about things in the same way you did before you decided to take this positive step in your life. Happy Bandiversary!

    ReplyDelete