Sunday, September 5, 2010

Life Coach

I went to an interesting event tonight. It was a dinner party but there was a presentation by a member of the group who happens to be a life coach.

I always imagined life coaches to be like cheerleaders creating S.M.A.R.T. plans, but she was clearly more thoughtful and seemed more like a really great therapist with LOTS of good advice.

Not sure what her rate would be, expensive I imagine, but it's something I'll think about. Really, I'd love to get Alex some sessions as he really seems to be at a crossroads in his life with the move and his professional situation etc.

Have any of you ever been to a life coach. I'm curious to hear about other people's experiences.



2 comments:

  1. Please do let us know if you do move forward with the life coach.. the concept always intrigued me. But I think my needs may need more that coaching.. but still like the thought of someone cheering you on..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to a life coach, per say, but lots of them went to the counsellors I worked with when I worked with a counselling centre. My impression was always that most of those coaches were really awesome and just needed a safe place to unload so they could be even more effective professionally and personally (which made me respect them so much!). Basically, I am all about whatever makes you feel better in life. if you're thinking about investing in one, I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete